9th Okinawa Hawaii Ocean Energy Symposium
This year, GOSEA will again be organizing the 9th Okinawa Hawaii Clean Energy and Economic Development Symposium
Under the Memorandum of Understanding signed by the Japanese Ministry of Economy Trade and Industry, the United States Department of Energy, Okinawa Prefecture, and the State of Hawai’i, to develop and deploy clean and renewable energies as the “Hawaii Okinawa Clean Energy Cooperation” in June 2010, there have been annual meetings focusing on ocean energy alternatively in Kona and Kumejima. Since the first event, the scope of the initial workshop has grown to include economic development, education, and the environment as Okinawa and Hawaii participants work towards creating sustainable and renewable energy islands.
On September 28-29, 2018, the 9th Ocean Energy and Economic Development Symposium and Workshop will take place on Kumejima, Okinawa.
Symposium Home Page: www.okinawahawaii-oews.com
We cordially invite your participation for a successful strengthening of the cooperation between Hawaii and Okinawa. In addition to continuing the main themes of economic development and ocean energy, interest in working on developing science and energy education has blossomed in Okinawa through the annual student exchange and discussions at previous workshops. We look forward to robust discussions on education, the environment, ocean energy, and deep seawater use.
9th Ocean Energy and Economic Development Symposium & Workshop
- Date: September 28-29, 2018
- Location: Gushikawa Community Development Center, Kumejima
- Host: Okinawa Prefecture
- URL: http://okinawahawaii-oews.com
- Related Events: 6th International OTEC Symposium (Okinawa Mainland) (9/26-27)
- Hawai’i County – Kumejima Town Sister City 7th Anniversary Reception (9/28)
- 2018 Kumejima Hawai’ian Festival (9/28-29)
- *For more information please refer to the event website.