Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research Promotion of the Economy Online Symposium
The Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research will hold a free online symposium titled “Toward the Promotion of the Blue Economy – Lessons from Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion (OTEC) from 14:00 to 16:00 JST on February 1, 2023.
Event Homepage: http://tkfd.or.jp/research/detail.php?id=4127
Participation Fee: Free
- International Trends in the Blue Economy” KOBAYASHI Masanori
- “Domestic Trends in the Blue Economy” WATANABE Atsushi
- “Marine Renewable Energy for a Blue Economy” HIRANUMA Hikaru
- “Social Acceptability Challenges in the Spread of Offshore Wind Power Generation” KOBAYASHI Masanori , WATANABE Atsushi
- “Building Social Acceptance with Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion” IKEGAMI Yasuyuki
- “Potential for Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion for Decarbonization” SUGIMOTO Kota
Regarding marine renewable energy, offshore wind power generation, which is expected to spread worldwide, and Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion (OTEC), which can be expected to contribute to regional revitalization, will be taken up as main examples as we consider the necessary measures to promote the blue economy in Japan.