Receipt of the 7th “Made in Japan Award” Excellence Award (Point Pyuru Co.)
The other day, the 7th “Made in Japan Awards” were announced, with President Atsushi Omichi of Point Pyuru (Kumejima) a member of this Association, receiving an Excellence Award for related products and technology development by the Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry. Only one company was awarded from Okinawa.
Point Pyuru was awarded for their use of deep seawater and natural ingredients in the production of cosmetics under their original brand.
The award is introduced by the Okinawa General Secretariat on the Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry website as well as two Okinawan Newspapers (the Okinawa Times, and Ryukyu Shimpo). Please see the links below for more information.
■Cabinet Office Okinawa General Secretariat Economy and Industry Division
■Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry
■Okinawan Newspaper Articles
・Okinawa Times(January 16) http://www.okinawatimes.co.jp/articles/-/196036 (jp)
・Ryukyu Shimpo(January 16)
Of the 60 applications made nation-wide, twelve projects, including Point Pyuru were included in the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry’s “BrandLand Japan.” A project for small and medium enterprises and producers working towards overseas deployment. Please see the links below for more information.
■ METI HP
■BrandLand JAPAN HP
" News" :Archive
- Report on the Signing Ceremony for the Memorandum of Cooperation on the Hawaii Okinawa Partnership on Clean Energy
- Release of Kumejima Town Energy Vision 2020
- News Article Published on Support for Expansion of Kumejima’s Seawater Intake
- [Information]Concerning Travel to Kumejima during COVID-19
- [Publication Information] Report on OTEC and Deep Seawater Use in Okinawa by “Power Academy”
- FY2019 METI “Our Life and Energy” Newspaper Contest