Report on the Signing Ceremony for the Memorandum of Cooperation on the Hawaii Okinawa Partnership on Clean Energy
The Signing Ceremony for the “Memorandum of Cooperation regarding the Partnership on Clean Energy” was held on May 25, 2021 (Japan Time).
This is the second update to the Hawaii Okinawa Clean Energy Partnership which was signed June 17, 2010 between the US Department of Energy (US DOE), Ministry of Economy Trade and Industry of Japan (METI), the State of Hawai’i and Okinawa Prefectural Government with the aim of increasing the adoption of renewable energy.
This signing ceremony was held by connecting the Okinawa Prefectural Government and Hawaii State Capitol online. After greetings by Governor Ige of Hawaii and Governor Tamaki of Okinawa Prefecture, representatives of the US DOE and METI gave greetings as observers to the partnership.
The GOSEA Secretariat is engaged in various activities including support for the holding of this ceremony under the “Okinawa Hawaii Clean Energy Cooperation Promotion Consignment Business” in Okinawa Prefecture.
Related News Articles
NHK Okinawa (jp) (with Video)：
Ryukyu Shimpo (jp)：
Okinawa Times (jp) (pay wall)：
" News" :Archive
- [Rohto Pharmaceutical Press Release] Opening of “Kumejimaru Café” and Launch of Craft Beer Prepared with Kumejima Deep Ocean Water
- Report on the Signing Ceremony for the Memorandum of Cooperation on the Hawaii Okinawa Partnership on Clean Energy
- Release of Kumejima Town Energy Vision 2020
- News Article Published on Support for Expansion of Kumejima’s Seawater Intake
- [Information]Concerning Travel to Kumejima during COVID-19
- [Publication Information] Report on OTEC and Deep Seawater Use in Okinawa by “Power Academy”