Indonesian Delegation Visits Kumejima
At the end of March 2016 a delegation from the Republic of Indonesia Coordinating Ministry for Maritime and Resources Affairs visited Kumejima as they sought to learn more about Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion, Deep Seawater Use, and the potential for applying such technologies in Indonesia. With Indonesia’s proximity to deep seawater, warm surface seawater, large population, and numerous communities still lacking secure access to power and water, Indonesia has perhaps the largest potential for use of this clean and renewable technology in the world.
For more see the full post on Alohaisai.
" News" :Archive
- Report on the Signing Ceremony for the Memorandum of Cooperation on the Hawaii Okinawa Partnership on Clean Energy
- Release of Kumejima Town Energy Vision 2020
- News Article Published on Support for Expansion of Kumejima’s Seawater Intake
- [Information]Concerning Travel to Kumejima during COVID-19
- [Publication Information] Report on OTEC and Deep Seawater Use in Okinawa by “Power Academy”
- FY2019 METI “Our Life and Energy” Newspaper Contest