FY2018 METI “Our Life and Energy” Newspaper Contest
The “Our Life and Energy” Newspaper Contest, supported by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) Agency for Natural Resources and Energy, has announced winners for the FY2018 contest. This year, Students from Kumejima Town’s Otake Elementary school submitted an entry after viewing Kumejima’s power generation facilities including traditional diesel, solar, bagasse, and Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion.
We are pleased to congratulate the students on achieving the “Japan Energy and Environment Education Society Special Award,” one of the top awards. Out of the 446 submissions, only 34 were selected for awards. The Otake Student’s contribution is one of two awardees from Okinawa Prefecture.
A full list of winners can be found in Japanese on the award website at:
" News" :Archive
- Release of Kumejima Town Energy Vision 2020
- News Article Published on Support for Expansion of Kumejima’s Seawater Intake
- [Information]Concerning Travel to Kumejima during COVID-19
- [Publication Information] Report on OTEC and Deep Seawater Use in Okinawa by “Power Academy”
- FY2019 METI “Our Life and Energy” Newspaper Contest
- Governor Denny Tamaki Visits Kumejima